How to Build Shed Roof Ideas
Is your shed roof caving in and you are thinking of discarding the shed all together? Discover here how to build shed roof ideas that will give you a log lasting solution.
Growing up, your father may already have built a storage shed in your home, if not you may have noticed some in your neighbor’s or friend’s home. Many of them may even be still standing today, but if you look at the roof closely, you may notice that the roof already has leaks defeating the point of having a shed.
A storage shed is a practical solution in protecting your belongings, if its roof is leaking water may leak in and cause water damage. It is essential that the roof should be able to withstand harsh elements like rain, snow and dirt. So whether you’re building a new shed or replacing your old shed roof, you can build one that will be able to last a long time with a good step-by-step guide.
A sturdy and durable shed roof may cost you more now, but because a roof of any structure is the most exposed part, you will be able to save more in repairs as time goes by. Also, you will save money as well and possible worries knowing that your belongings inside the shed is safe. The single most important aspect in building a shed roof is to have a comprehensive plan, if you have no inkling on how to do this; it is wise to invest on it as it is your basis for your building project.
Here are some other aspect of how to build shed roof ideas that you should also keep in mind:
• Your design of your roof should be slant and steep so that pressure would not build on it. But you also have to make sure that your roof design should conform to the building code in your area.
• After your application has been approved, you should now have your roof trusses fabricated, if you don’t have the tools nor the skills to do this, most lumber yards can do this for you for a minimal fee.
• When you have the trusses ready, you need to mark the wall of your shed to determine where the trusses will be anchored to usually an interval of 2 feet of space is done.
• You can now place your trusses on the marks on each facing wall and nail them down. Make sure that they are sturdy and not wiggling around.
• After you have finished placing all the wood truss, you can now place your roof decking for the trusses to be tied together to provide support for the roof load.
• Depending on your choice as roof material, you can now finish your roof placing your chosen material as per manufacturer’s instructions.
Safety is always the key, as you would be working on the roof, there is a chance that you may fall off. If possible, get someone to work with you and make sure that when using ladders or other tools for elevation that it is secure. Also, it is best to remember to clean your roof once in a while; this will help prolong the life span of your roof.
Recommended reading: How to Build 12×16 Shed Plans Free Ideas
If you enjoy the how to build shed roof ideas post, share it with your friends on facebook and pinterest.